Print this Page

About Us

In April 1886, Sir Grey Skipwith, Sr. purchased 246 acres called Oak Grove in Western Henrico County. In 1927, Grey Skipwith, Jr. designed their 3-story brick English tudor home. The house was called “Bekeby” and was completed in 1928. It was built on the site of Fort Hill, where Civil War abutments still exist. In 1951, the property was sold for development and in 1957, Skipwith Elementary School was constructed at the current location. Skipwith Elementary is located in the Tuckahoe District.

cardinal

Permanent link to this article: https://skipwith.henricoschools.us/about-us/