Good afternoon families, .
- This week will only be a 4 day week as the school will be closed on Friday, May 27, we will also be closed on Monday, May 31 for the Memorial Holiday.
2. Our 3rd-5th grade students will be taking their Math SOL test on Wednesday, May 26th. Please continue encouraging your child to take their time and do their best on the test. Parents of 3rd, 4th, and 5th-grade students can view their child’s scores for the Reading and Math SOLs in the Parent Portal. Please note the scores are updated each Friday. The VA Studies and Science SOL score reports will not be in the portal. A copy of your child’s score reports for these SOLs will be sent home with your child’s final report card at the end of the school year.
3. Please note Kindergarten online registration for the 22-23 school year is still open. Please call the school at 804-527-4650 if you have any questions.
4. We will hold virtual end-of-the-year awards assemblies for Kindergarten- 4th-grade students. These award assemblies will be recorded and shared with you later.
Please see the schedule below in my email.
5. Fifth-grade end of the year Moving On Awards Assembly will be held in person on Wednesday, June 15 at 8:30. I will send you a special message on Monday, May
23 with a Google link for you to inform us of the two guests who will attend the assembly.
Finally, please see my email with more important information on the weekly health report, Kindergarten Registration, the Skipwith SOL schedule and scores information, and special end-of-year dates.
Skipwith Weekly Health Report – As you know, Henrico County Public Schools and Skipwith Elementary are doing everything reasonably possible to keep you informed about health concerns that are connected to our school. Over the past week, May 14 to May 20, 2022 Skipwith Elementary has recorded positive COVID-19 cases. All close contacts have been previously notified by the building administration. Most importantly if your child is feeling sick, running a fever, or has COVID-like symptoms please keep them home and call the school to report the illness so we can help you determine their return date.
Kindergarten Registration: Online Kindergarten registration for the 22-23 school year begins Monday, April 18 using the following link https://henricoschools.us/registration/ If you have any family, friends, or neighbors who have a child that will turn 5 by Sept.30, 2022 please remind them to go to the county or Skipwith website to complete the online registration forms. You can also direct them to call the school to set up an appointment to register their child for the 22-23 school year.
SOL Information and Score Reports: SOL Parent Letters https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1B-p9cRXUGXPofafVob5OEEtfTCSygqxF?usp=sharing
If parents need assistance, please see the Virginia Parent Portal Support Directions. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u-04pBRe5eWQW-Y8CPzxuAu1TbikRkOBjp6O8s_ua54/edit
Skipwith SOL Schedule: All SOL tests must be taken in person at school. Below is the link to an SOL Parent Letter that explains the SOL Assessments in more detail, as well as Skipwith’s testing schedule. The letters are translated into a number of languages for you. Parent Letters: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mfzB261BniCqRgyXmUXEwbpoxf8xwAwT?usp=sharing