- I would like to start by saying Happy Mothers Day to all our Skipwith moms and hope you have a wonderful day with family and friends.
2. It’s SOL time again. Our 3rd-5th grade students will be taking their reading SOL test on Tuesday, May, 10. Please help them by having your child get a good night’s rest, eat a good breakfast, be at school on time each day, and encourage them to take their time and do their best on the test.
3. Support the Skipwith PTA during our PTA Spirit Night at Chick-fil-A at Tuckernuck Plaza anytime from 5:00 to 7:00 PM on Tuesday, May 10th. Remember to mention “Spirit Night” when you place your order to make sure that a portion of the sales goes back to the PTA. Proceeds will go towards the 5th Grade Field Trip and Moving Up Ceremony.
4. On behave of our Skipwith teachers I would like to say thank you for helping to make Teacher Appreciation Week a very special one. We would like to celebrate our school nurses and school lunch staff this week. Please note the following days:
– Wednesday, May 11, is National School Nurse Day. Please help us celebrate our school nurse, Ms. Boyle, and her nurse aide, Ms. Burns. They are vital to our
school community every year, especially this year. We simply could not have made it through the pandemic without their expertise, guidance, and caring
– Friday, May 13 we will celebrate School Lunch Hero Day, this is a time for us to recognize the hard-working professionals in our school cafeterias. Thank you
for providing delicious and nutritious meals at school.
- Kindergarten online registration for the 22-23 school year is open. Please see my email or call the school at 804-527-4650 for more details. Please also note we will hold an in-person Kindergarten registration event on Wednesday, May 18 from 3:00 to 6:00 pm. We will send a special email with more details on Wednesday, May 11
Finally, please see my email with more important information on the weekly health report, Kindergarten Registration, and the Skipwith SOL schedule.
Skipwith Weekly Health Report – As you know, Henrico County Public Schools and Skipwith Elementary are doing everything reasonably possible to keep you informed about health concerns that are connected to our school. Over the past week, April 30 to May 6, 2022, Skipwith Elementary has recorded 0 positive COVID-19 cases. All close contacts have been previously notified by the building administration. Most importantly if your child is feeling sick, running a fever, or has COVID-like symptoms please keep them home and call the school to report the illness so we can help you determine their return date.
Kindergarten Registration: Online Kindergarten registration for the 22-23 school year is open. Please use the following link https://henricoschools.us/registration/ If you have any family, friends, or neighbors who have a child that will turn 5 by Sept.30, 2022, please remind them to go to the county or Skipwith website to complete the online registration forms. You can also direct them to call the school to set up an appointment to register their child for the 22-23 school year.
Skipwith SOL Schedule: All SOL tests must be taken in person at school. Below is the link to an SOL Parent Letter that explains the SOL Assessments in more detail, as well as Skipwith’s testing schedule. The letters are translated into a number of languages for you. SOL Parent Letters