Good afternoon families,
- School will be closed on Tuesday, May 3rd for a student holiday. We will reopen on Wednesday, May 4 at 7:20 am.2. Please help us celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week, this week May 2 – 6 by reviewing the paper flier your child brought home last week. Please see the suggested items below
Mon – Send in a sweet treat
Tues – Send a Schoology note or video
Wed – Send in a flower
Thurs – Make a card
Fri – Give a gift if you wish
3. The PTA is also collecting items to stock the lounge for the teachers. Please use this link to sign up: https://bit.ly/skipwithteachertreats and drop off your items between 7:20 am and 2:30 pm from April 28th to May 4th.
4. Kindergarten registration for the 22-23 school year opened on Monday, April 18. Please see my email or call the school at 804-527-4650 for more details.
Finally, please see my email with more important information on the weekly health report, Summer School, Kindergarten Registration, and the Skipwith SOL schedule.
Skipwith Weekly Health Report – As you know, Henrico County Public Schools and Skipwith Elementary are doing everything reasonably possible to keep you informed about health concerns that are connected to our school. Over the past week, April 23 to April 29, 2022 Skipwith Elementary has recorded 0 positive COVID-19 cases.All close contacts have been previously notified by the building administration. Most importantly if your child is feeling sick, running a fever, or has COVID like symptoms please keep them home and call the school to report the illness so we can help you determine their return date.
Summer School: Summer Academy will be offered for all Pre-K to Grade 5 students at no cost to HCPS families. Breakfast and lunch will be served, and transportation will be provided from each elementary school to the designated Summer Academy site. The following are the dates and times.
- 4 week window – July 11 to August 4. Mon – Thurs
- Families have the flexibility to attend the entire four weeks, or they may attend a two-week session:
- July 11-July 21 or July 25-August 4
Kindergarten Registration: Online Kindergarten registration for 22-23 school year begins Monday, April 18 using the following link https://henricoschools.us/registration/ If you have any family, friends, or neighbors who have a child that will turn 5 by Sept.30, 2022 please remind them to go to the county or Skipwith website to complete the online registration forms. You can also direct them to call the school to set up an appointment to register their child for the 22-23 school year.
Skipwith SOL Schedule: All SOL tests must be taken in person at school. Below is the link to an SOL Parent Letter that explains the SOL Assessments in more detail, as well as Skipwith’s testing schedule. The letters are translated into a number of languages for you. SOL Parent Letters