- We hope you had a wonderful and restful Spring Break with your family and friends. The school will open tomorrow Monday, April 11 at 7:20. We look forward to seeing everyone in the morning. Please help us get back to our daily routines by having your child to school by the 7:40 tardy bell and being in school every day.
- The PTA will hold a Papa John’s Curbside Pick up event this Tuesday, April 12 from 5 to 7 pm in the school bus loop. You can place your orders now! Please go to the website in my email to place your order: pjcheese.com/skipwith
– Pick up will be in the bus loop from 5 to 7 pm
– Each grade level will have a section in the loop and a table to pick up your order.
-The grade level with the most orders will win free pizza for a year!
– The 2 “delivery/pick up times will be from
– 100% of tips go to the PTA.
- It is time to register your rising Kindergarten child for the 22-23 school year. If you have any family, friends, or neighbors who have a child that will turn 5 by Sept.30, 2022, please remind them to go to the county or Skipwith website to complete the online registration forms beginning April 18, 2022. You can also direct them to call the school to set up an appointment to register their child for the 22-23 school year.https://henricoschools.us/registration/
- Summer Academy will be offered for all Pre-K to Grade 5 students at no cost to HCPS families. The following are the dates and times.
– The four-week session is Monday-Thursday from 8:00 am -12:00 from July 11 to August 4.
– Families have the flexibility to attend the entire four weeks, or they may attend a two-week session:
The two sessions are July 11-July 21 or July 25-August 4
Finally, please see my email with more important information on the weekly health report, 22-23 variance deadline information, and food pantry news.
Skipwith Weekly Health Report – As you know, Henrico County Public Schools and Skipwith Elementary are doing everything reasonably possible to keep you informed about health concerns that are connected to our school. Over the past week, March 26 to Friday, April 1, 2022, Skipwith Elementary has recorded 0 positive COVID-19 cases. All close contacts have been previously notified by the building administration. Most importantly if your child is feeling sick, running a fever, or has COVID-like symptoms please keep them home and call the school to report the illness so we can help you determine their return date.
22-23 VARIANCE INFORMATION: It’s variance time of year again. If you have applied for an elementary variance this year or plan to apply for a variance in the 2022-2023 school year please note the deadline to apply is April 15, 2022. Please call the school at 804-527- 4650 for more information and the application. Again the deadline is April 15, 2022.
Skipwith Methodist Church: Skipwith Methodist Church has created a food pantry for families in need located right outside of their church. They have a pantry of non-perishable food items, hygiene products such as toothpaste and masks, and household items like toilet paper. If your family needs these items, please stop by Skipwith Methodist Church at 2211 Skipwith Rd at any time of day. Please use this resource respectfully. Thank you!” Skipwith Methodist Church.